*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Orville Redenbacher’s, but we truly love this brand. Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn is ridiculously yummy and we know you’ll love it, too!
It’s awards season and that means it’s time to prepare for the cheesiest, glitz-and-glammiest fun of the year. I’m talking about those glittery gowns and cheesy acceptance speeches. The shimmery statues and cheesy red carpet grins. It’s the perfect pairing, which makes this delicious cheesy glam popcorn the PERFECT snack to munch on at your Oscar night party! Naturally, we are using our favorite popcorn – the Orville Redenbacher’s Naturals – Simply Salted microwave popcorn.
They make the lightest, fluffiest, most delicious popcorn. In fact, they have made it their passion to create top-quality popcorn, and I can tell the difference! Nothing else would do – we only want the BEST of the best for this recipe. You will feel like you’re right there at the theater watching your favorite heroes and heroines accepting awards (or boo-hooing their losses) at the Oscars, except you’ll be in your jammies and slippers. Nice!
What You’ll Need:
- Orville Redenbacher’s microwave popcorn, popped – the Simply Salted variety is preferred with this recipe.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup clarified butter (see directions below) – a.k.a: “Ghee”
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp white cheddar (can use any variety of cheddar – I like the sharp flavor) – Tip: put your cheese in the freezer for a couple of hours prior to shredding to make it easier.
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (powdered works best)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (opt.)
- Edible Gold glitter (to garnish)
First, why use clarified butter on your popcorn? It separates the milkfats which are what makes your popcorn soggy and wet. We want all that extra butter flavor (and to let the cheese adhere better) without the sogginess. Trust me, this will change your popcorn-loving life! This is perfectly paired with Orvile Redenbacher’s popcorn because they grow only the highest quality, non-GMO, 100% whole grain kernels that pop up lighter and fluffier than ordinary popcorn. To top it off, they’re the only leading popcorn brand who uses real butter. So, you can start with their microwave popcorn and simply slap on your favorite additions and you’ll get a new and delicious creation every time.
To Make Clarified Butter:
- Whatever the amount of clarified butter you need for your recipe, start with 25%-30% more butter (you’ll lose about 25-30% during the clarifying process). For this recipe, you can start with about 1 cup of butter. Using unsalted butter is best, but I’ve done it with salted with good results, too. Whatever you don’t use can be stored 3-6 months in the refrigerator for future use. Heat the unsalted butter in a heavy saucepan over very low heat, until it’s melted (you never want to overheat butter). Let it simmer gently until the foam rises to the top of the melted butter. Be careful of any splatter.
- Once no more foam seems to be rising to the top, remove the saucepan from the heat and skim off the foam with a spoon. Don’t worry about getting every last bit; you can remove the rest when straining it.
- Line a mesh strainer with a few layers of cheesecloth or gauze, and set the strainer over a heatproof container.
- Carefully pour the warm butter through the cheesecloth-lined strainer into the container, leaving behind any solids from the bottom of the pan. The clear goodness in your container is your clarified butter!! Yum!
To Make Your Cheesy Glam Popcorn:
- Gather your ingredients and have them right on hand so you can work quickly.
- Pour your popped Orville Redenbacher’s microwave popcorn into a large bowl
- Drizzle half of your clarified butter over the popcorn and toss gently with a large spoon (or your clean hands) until evenly coated (this will help the cheese and glitter adhere)
- Sprinkle the cheddar and parmesan cheese into the popcorn and toss to make sure it’s evenly distributed
- Sprinkle the salt over the popcorn (to taste) and toss.
- Dish up into popcorn boxes or bowls and sprinkle the glitter over the top.
You and your guests are going to LOVE the fun touch of gold glam to this savory treat -The glitter isn’t sweet and has no real flavor so you can happily dress up this delicious popcorn. Can you see the fun glitter and sprinkles on there? It’s so fun, it makes me a little giddy!
You get all the cheesy goodness and buttery deliciousness of your favorite popcorn with that glittery gold that gives it that star quality. You’ll be ready to greet your favorite stars and starlets in style!
Can anyone say “Oscar party?!?”
If you ask me, this popcorn deserves the Academy Award for deliciousness – I know you’ll agree!
Try some of Orville Redenbacher’s delicious popcorn varieties:
- Buttery Popcorn – From light butter to movie theater butter, there are 8 delicious buttery varieties everyone will love
- Sweet & Savory Popcorn – Satisfy your sweet tooth or cheese fix with Kettle Korn, Caramel and Cheddar Cheese popcorn
- SmartPop! – Same beloved fresh-popped taste, 94% fat free and only 15 calories per cup (popped!)
- Naturals – Naturally delicious, with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- Skinnygirl Popcorn – Fewer calories, quality ingredients – flavors with a real twist
- Kernel Popcorn– Fire up the stovetop and enjoy non-GMO project verified, Gluten Free & 100% Whole grain popcorn