*We’re partnering with our friends at Staples on this sponsored post. They have everything you need to tackle your new school year!
It’s hard to talk about 2020 because, well, what do you say? How do you put a year like this into a nutshell?
Being blind-sided by a global quarantine wasn’t what any of us expected. We were hardly prepared when our children were sent home from school indefinitely with no clear plan on when they would return. You could say it was the longest spring break ever and for many parents, it’s still not over. It just might be the wackiest back-to-school seasons in the history of the world and everyone is experiencing it differently.
But no matter what your back-to-school situation, you can tackle it with success, especially when you’re prepared! And Staples is the one place I can always count on to have everything I need for school, work, and home, especially during these unpredictable times. With FREE delivery (no minimum purchase), it’s a no-brainer.
4 Smart Ways To Be Ready for Any Situation This School Year
This new school year is no joke. It’s rocky terrain for both kids and parents. Where in previous years you could just kiss your kids goodbye and send them out the door, the situation is completely different. Some parents are diving into the unknown waters of homeschooling, while working from home themselves. Some students are learning how to learn online, and others are venturing back with so many safety precautions you’d think you were dealing with the TSA.
Whatever your back-to-school looks like, you can still have a fantastic school year. Every cloud has its silver lining and this one might be that our children develop flexibility, adaptability, and character. We will make it through this!
To make this school year a success, all it takes is a good attitude and these sound tips.
The number one thing you can do to help your student succeed this year is to be prepared. It’s the scout motto for a reason; having a plan for your situation will give your child the confidence to tackle it. Whether you’re online learning or headed to school in person, Staples has everything you need to help you learn from anywhere.
Essentials for online school:
- Desk organizers
- White board
- Planners (great for middle and high school) and calendar (great for parents!)
- Notebooks – They’re only $.25 right now!! Snag them up!
- Binders and folders – get them while they’re cheap!
- Electric pencil sharpener– this is an at-home GAME-CHANGER! Best purchase I ever made for our office. The kids use it all the time.
- Happy art/decor – It makes such a huge difference in morale.
- Copy paper and ink – it all ships fast and free! (So does everything at Staples!)
Essentials for in-person school:
- Face masks – When I took my kids back-to-school shopping at Staples, they found some in the store that were really cute! (I don’t see them online–check your local store!) My daughter got lots of compliments on her first day of middle school.
- Hand sanitizer – It’s essential that kids have their own pocket-sized sanitizer. At home, this is by far my absolute favorite sanitizer. Stock up now because who knows what’s ahead. Get free shipping!
- Sanitizing wipes – to wipe down their desks or chairs.
This pencil case is the cutest! It’s only available in-store so head to your local Staples!
- Backpack and lunch tote – still the best part about back-to-school!
- The basics: pencils, pens, glue, notebooks, binders
2. Have a designated space
One thing I’ve learned with four kids doing online learning is that they each need a designated space for optimal performance. Otherwise, it’s too easy to lose assignments and get distracted. Set up a “learning space” for your child, away from TV or video games. A good desk is optimal. Make it fun by letting them decorate and organize it.
Shop this learning space!
- Mesh jumbo pencil holder
- Sticky notes
- Small black desk drawer organizer
- Martha Stewart 2-sided chalkboard/whiteboard
3. Encourage a Growth Mindset.
It’s easy to have a fixed mindset during these difficult times. A fixed mindset includes thoughts like, “I can’t do this. This is too hard.” A growth mindset however, is having a belief that you can work through things that are hard for you. It’s one of the most valuable lessons you can instill in your kids and even yourself.
Encouraging a growth mindset in the new school year means replacing statements like I can’t, with “Okay, this is hard right now, but I can work through it.” Or switching your way of thinking from: “I’m not good at this.” to: “I’m not good at this YET, but I will get better when I practice.”
It’s a good attitude to adopt in 2020 and beyond.
4. Give back to a local classroom.
Now more than ever before, teachers are out there working tirelessly, spending long hours and sleepless nights adapting their curriculum and making sure every student and every unique need is met. They are the heroes. They are the essential workers for our children.
Without teachers, we would be lost.
Please help us give back to local teachers!
How? For every purchase you make from Staples right now through the back-to-school season, we’ll donate an item to a local classroom in need. How do we track it? Don’t worry, we’ve set up special links here so that when you purchase, we get an alert! Your Staples purchase will make a hard-working teacher very happy!
You get Free Shipping, plus essential products that you use in your home every day, like toilet paper, paper towels, and cleaning supplies, AND you help give back to the heroic teachers that are building our future.
So no matter what this school year brings, if you’re prepared and keep a growth mindset, it can be a great opportunity to learn and grow this new school year!
Now go see all that Staples has to offer and remember, your purchase today helps bring supplies to a local classroom!
Leave a Reply