We are thrilled to welcome a fabulous guest, Morgan from”The Dime Diary”, who is here to share a FABULOUS way to take your vacation outfit from day to night! Yes!! We all love any tips that allow us to pack less and enjoy our away time more, am I right? We are so excited to have you, Morgan!
If you are like many people tightening their budgets these days, you may be opting for a “Staycation” rather than a “Vacation”, and while staying closer to home means more money to spare, no one is interested in changing their clothes more times than necessary while they are on the go! That is why I am going to show you how to take your Staycation look from day to night, so changing up your outfit takes as little time out as possible from all your hard earned fun!
First you are going to start with your staple piece, this is going to be the main focus of your outfit, and what you build everything off of for your day and night looks! I opted for a cap sleeved jersey dress that is perfect for dressing up or dressing down, and even better, I got this baby on clearance for 5 dollars. That’s right, 5 bucks! As is if your hometown vacay wasn’t saving you enough cash!
(Dress: Cotton On | Scarf/Belt/Sandals: Forever 21)
For your day look, you want to make it casual, but not sloppy!
- You can layer your dress (or flow-y shirt and jeans) with a lightweight scarf. Make sure it’s lightweight though, we don’t need fuzzy fleece choking us out in the summertime heat!
2. Layer your scarf with a belt to breakup the outfit a little bit, this is especially important if you decide to use a dress because dresses, especially looser ones like mine, can drown you a bit, and you can get easily lost under the fabric.
3. Keep your shoes easy to walk in, like a cute sandal because with all the walking you may be doing, the last thing you want to be in is pain. To top it off you can add a fun accessory such as bold sunglasses or whatever you feel adds personality to your style.
(Cardigan: Forever 21 | Necklace: ILY Couture | Flats: Ross | Bag: Petunia Pickle Bottom)
For your night look it is seriously so simple to pull off!
- Swap out your scarf and belt for a cardigan in case is gets chillier while you are out.
2. Make sure to add a bright and long statement necklace to dress up and add interest to an otherwise plainer shirt or dress
3. Finally you can either keep on those cute sandals from earlier, or you can switch them out for a comfortable wedge or a dressy flat. Cheetah print is always a great option; I’ve decided it’s pretty much the new black 🙂
Best of all, all of your nighttime switcheroo’s are small and light enough to pack in your car, or even fit in your tote (or in my case, a diaper bag)! Can we hear it for rocking 2 outfits in 1 day with half the effort??? While making the most of your “Staycation” you can look like a million bucks without spending a million. That’s the point right? Right.
How do you take your outfits from day to night?