I think all parents would agree that getting your children to do their chores can be pretty darn challenging. Like, wanna pull your hair out kind of challenging. 🙂
Ladies and gents (ok, maybe just ladies), may I introduce you to your new best friend.
My Job Chart a customizable chore chart system that is changing the way parents run their homes. Children are modivated by positive reinforcement and it teaches them how to save, share with charities, and spend on the things they need and want.
Sounds pretty good, right? And did I mention the program is FREE?
Setting up your chore chart is easy! Here’s how it all works:
- First, you upload a picture of your child.
- Set up their jobs.
- Decide the point value for their jobs, and what their rewards will be. (The site helps you set up a point value for the jobs. Your child may recieve the reward when they reach a certain threshold of points).
- After the account is set up your child can login and complete which tasks they have done for the day. The child then puts a checkmark next to each job he or she did.
- The parent is then sent an email to approve the jobs. Once approved, the points are added to the child’s account.
- When your child reaches the amount of points (that you have set) needed to get their prize, they may use their point to cash in for prizes from Amazon (you pay for this part). They could also save them as well!
Children are all so technology savvy these days, the online approach will be engaging for your kids and is easy for them to use! Chores can be FUN for them! They even offer a Parenting Tips Blog that is a fantastic resource and offers all sorts of useful tips for parents.
Are you doing cartwheels yet?!?
Alison has been using My Job Chart with her kids, and this is what she had to say, “My Job Chart is very easy to set up. It’s fun to put your kids pics in and assign points. Super easy and they get really excited about it. It’s great putting values on things so that the toilet cleaning is worth more than getting the mail.”
I’m sold! My baby is only 18 months old, but I’m looking forward to the day I get to try this out!
Go to My Job Chart to set up an account for you kiddo’s and start making your life a little easier. 🙂