This recipe is a procrastinator’s dream recipe! It would be the perfect gift to make for anyone you want to send a little love to. And you can make it in 15 minutes!!! Crazy right?
First off, in case you don’t believe easy fudge or essential oil fudge can be dreamy…know that I am a bit of a fudge snob…and this stuff passed my taste test with FLYING colors!
Jennifer, who is always teaching me more and more uses for essential oils, photographed the process for you. The original recipe came from Greg Allen…thank you Jennifer and Greg! The secret ingredient is orange essential oil. It is not overpowering at all, just a subtle orange flavor that compliments the chocolate perfectly. Note: We at HowDoesShe love essential oils!
If you haven’t tried essential oils yet, you are missing out! Check out these posts to see why…
Ok, now that I have convinced you to try this fudge, here is the recipe with directions.
Chocolate Orange Essential Oil Fudge
mix dry ingredients together then add:
microwave on high for two minutes
Remove from microwave, add 7 or 8 drops of Orange Essential oil then stir like crazy until it is well mixed and no white powdered sugar is left! Place it in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours to set up.
Cut, package and gift….or eat. 🙂
- 1 lb of confectioners sugar ( powdered sugar )
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- mix dry ingredients together then add
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 cube (1/2 cup) of butter, ( leave whole )
- 7 or 8 drops of Wild Orange Essential oil
- Place all ingredients except for the Wild Orange essential oil in an 8x8 microwave safe pan or bowl and microwave on high for two minutes. Remove from microwave, add the essential oil then stir like crazy until it is well mixed and no white powdered sugar is left! Place it in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours to set up.
Do you use your essential oils to cook with? Any good ideas for me?