Is a house cleaning robot too good to be true? When I’d hear my friends raving about their iRobot vacuums the past couple years, I would secretly roll my eyes. I kept telling myself they couldn’t possibly work that well and that the investment would be one I’d surely regret. It took some convincing before I finally made the jump and tried the iRobot Roomba® 960.
Is a house cleaning robot really worth the investment?
I wish you could borrow my house cleaning robot for 10 minutes. (Ten minutes only, because then I’d promptly want it back). Experiencing the iRobot first hand eased all of my initial concerns. Let’s talk about some of those concerns:
- I was concerned about how the iRobot Roomba® would handle my unique rugs. I have several rugs in my home. Some of my rugs have fringe edges, and some with really unique textures. How could a self propelled vacuum – house cleaning robot manage them? Like a boss. Really. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing as the iRobot Roomba® 960 worked it’s magic on my rugs. Like I said,… where have you been all my life?!
- I was concerned it would bump into my furniture and baseboards, causing scuffs or damage. Nope! Because of it’s visual mapping, and soft layer on the bumper, it’s a non-issue.
- Does it really clean? Like, really really clean? This was a concern for me. We make messes pretty much non-stop around our house. I was blown away by what the iRobot Roomba® 960 picked up in it’s first 5 minutes “on the job”.
- When will it clean? It can be programed to run any time that is convenient for you. Even when you aren’t home! I admit, my family likes have it on. It’s fun to see our house cleaning robot in action. Even my husband likes to create bridges for the iRobot to go under.
5. Will it be hard to use? This fancy contraption is surely super complex, RIGHT? Wrong. (Insert happy sigh). I had it cleaning my house within 2 minutes out of the box. —
A few fun facts (that I’ve witnessed first hand):
*The iRobot Roomba® 960 uses visual location so it doesn’t get lost or repeat areas that have already been cleaned.
*Worried about clutter (toys, blankets, etc.) that is left around? I was too. But magically, the iRobot Roomba® 960 adapts to real world clutter and cleans around items.
*The iRobot Roomba® 960 runs continuously for up to two hours, (if necessary), then automatically returns to it’s base and recharges.
*It automatically lets you know when the bin is full and needs to be emptied.
*A spinning side brush pushes debris into the path of the iRobot Roomba® 960, even capturing dirt against walls!
*You can program the iRobot 900 series with your phone to view Clean Map Reports, Press Clean from anywhere, and Schedule Cleanings in the newly updated iRobot HOME App. You can even receive Push Notifications when your robot completes a cleaning job.
Worth the investment? From skeptic to believer,… absolutely. Ask for it for 3 holiday gifts combined if you must, but I promise, it’s a purchase you won’t regret. But just to ease your mind,… iRobot offers a 30-day, money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Do yourself a favor and stop rolling your eyes, (like I admittedly did), at your “house cleaning robot” obsessed friends. You may just be the new Fan Club President once you get your hands on yours.
You can compare all the iRobots to see which version is right for you.
As a bonus for our readers, you can get a Free Replenishment Kit with purchase of Roomba® 960 Vacuuming Robot Valid: 3/19 – 3/31
(This post contains affiliate links which cost you nothing. We get a small commission if you purchase an item from one of the links in this post. It helps keep our site running and the diet coke stocked. Thank you for your support.)