The Christmas holidays are here, and it’s time to put up the Christmas decorations! You have probably already planned out your living room decor and maybe even the kitchen. The bathroom is also one of the most heavily used rooms in the house, so why not add some holiday cheer with these Christmas bathroom decor ideas?
If you are hosting guests for the holidays, decorating your guest bathroom is a great way to infuse some Christmas cheer for the holidays. With a little creativity, you can transform your bathroom into a winter wonderland that will impress your guests and get you into the holiday spirit. Here are our best Christmas bathroom decor ideas to get you started.
Christmas Bathroom Decor Ideas
- Start with a fresh coat of paint. If your bathroom walls are looking a little drab, give them new life with a coat of paint in a festive color like red or green. You can also use wall decals or stencils to create a unique design. If you don’t want to do the whole bathroom, you can do an accent wall or just the bathroom mirror frame. Bathrooms usually get overlooked during a decor refresh, but they’re also some of the smallest spaces in the house so this is the perfect opportunity to freshen them up.
- Swap out your towels. Fussy patterns and dark colors can make a bathroom feel stuffy and uninviting. Make it feel like Christmas by swapping out your regular towels for ones with holiday-themed designs. Bonus points if they’re red or green! This is an easy way to add a festive look to your bathroom without going overboard. Look for towel sets that feature holiday themes or colors, or Christmas shapes embroidered on them. Or, go for a more subtle look by hanging red or green hand towels.
Adding Greenery and Decor
- Bring in some greenery. Some plants thrive in the bathroom, and having some greenery in such a closed off space can make it look a lot nicer. But you can also bring in some seasonal plants. Tuck a small Christmas tree into an empty corner, or hang some evergreen garlands around the mirrors. Not only will it look pretty, but the scent of pine will also fill the room and transport you to a relaxing cabin in the woods. Hang some small evergreen wreaths on the door or on the wall behind the toilet. A small Christmas tree with extra ornaments from your tree or some holly branches in a vase can really brighten up the room. If you don’t want to deal with watering a real tree, opt for a fake one that will last for years to come. Depending on the size of your bathroom, you can add a mini Christmas tree or faux pines to fill up the extra space in larger bathrooms.
- Add holiday-themed accessories to the bathroom counter. Switch out your soap dispenser for one that’s shaped like a snowman, or place a Rudolph-themed toothbrush holder on the counter or some evergreen plants on the bathroom shelves.
- Turn up the lights. When it gets dark outside earlier in the day, it can make your bathroom feel even smaller and more cramped than usual. Combat this by hanging some string lights around the perimeter of the room, or setting out candles on the countertop or windowsill. These type of Christmas bathroom decor ideas are an easy detail that makes a big difference.
- Fill the air with festive scents. Nothing says “Christmas” like the smell of cinnamon and pine. Choose a candle in a scent that you love and that will get you into the holiday spirit every time you walk into the bathroom. Just be sure to blow them out before you leave the room!
- Hang some holiday-themed art on the walls. This is a great way to personalize your space and show off your unique style. Look for prints or posters that feature your favorite holiday scenes or sayings, such as “Merry Christmas” or your favorite Christmas carol lyrics. You could also replace your current art with some Christmas wreaths.
- Give your toilet a little makeover. This might be the last thing on your mind, but it’s actually pretty easy to do! You can find toilet seat covers and rug sets that feature holiday designs. Or, try wrapping your toilet seat in festive fabric or ribbon. Whatever you do, just make sure not to block the lid from opening all the way!
- Get Christmas shower curtains. You can find festive curtains with just about any Christmas theme imaginable. Whether you want something traditional or more modern, there’s sure to be a shower curtain out there that will fit your style. If you don’t want to purchase a brand new Christmas-themed shower curtain, you can hang some Christmas ornaments or mini wreaths from the curtain rod to add some Christmas spirit without too much work or money.
- Set Out a Holiday-Themed Rug: Bath mats are essential in any bathroom, but they can also double as fun decorations! There are tons of different design options available online or in stores specifically made for Christmas time. This is an easy way to change up the look of your bathroom and add some festive flair without spending too much money or effort.
Get ready to have the best-smelling and most festively decorated bathroom on the block this holiday season! By following these simple Christmas bathroom decor ideas, you can turn your ordinary bathroom into a winter wonderland that will bring joy to all who enter it — starting with you!