Thank you to Noom for partnering with us on this post. Take this quiz to see if it’s right for you!
If you’re looking to lose weight, there are hundreds of diets out there that can help you shed some quick pounds, but Noom is different. Noom actually gives you the tools to keep the weight off for the long haul. It’s a revolutionary shift from antiquated and sometimes unhealthy “diets.” Here’s how Noom is unique and why it may be the exact thing you’re looking for.
1. Dieting tells you what you can and can’t have. Noom completely changes the way you think and feel about eating.
Traditional diets place food into categories: the good guys vs. the bad guys. They force you to focus on foods you can and can’t have, fostering an unhealthy relationship with food that goes back to fad diets in the early 1930s like the “Hollywood diet” that involved eating grapefruit at every meal.
Noom, however, is a science-backed and psychology-based weight loss program that helps you recognize your habits and exchange them for a much healthier mindset toward food. Take this short quiz to see how you’re doing.
It’s not just about what you eat, but why you eat.
2. Diets are momentary. Noom puts you back in the driver’s seat to create sustainable healthy habits.
Rather than a one-off, or quick burst of starvation, Noom puts you back in the driver’s seat to create lasting habits. This is no momentary fling or one-night stand…Noom’s goal is to empower you to take back control of your health.. Because of this, it’s the best investment you could make to live a healthy lifestyle.
3. Diets make you feel guilty. Noom does not believe in failures and helps you better understand yourself, your brain, and the power of choice.
Diets villainize certain foods and then make you feel bad when you eat them. Even if they don’t intend to, the nature of momentary diets is to focus on what you should or shouldn’t do, setting you up for feelings of failure if you don’t follow to exactness.
Noom creates a whole new world of wellness for its users. It is not a fad or a pre-packaged quick fix in which you become dependent. Noom teaches you:
- What triggers you to eat when you’re not hungry
- How to overcome emotional and stress eating
- What to do instead of reaching for a snack when you don’t feel good
- How incorporate mindfulness while eating
- How to choose foods that pack a powerful nutrition punch (but still keep you feeling full and satisfied)
- How to tell the difference between feeling genuinely hungry and ‘head hungry’
- How to manage plateaus (when your weight loss temporarily stalls)
Ready to make a change? Take the quiz.