Ever seen this little guy? This one can of WD-40 is like the handy-woman’s miracle elixir. I have personally used it to stop squeaky doors and my much-used rocking chair, fix a window that wouldn’t slide shut, and get gum out of my daughter’s hair. Read these 40 amazing uses for WD-40, or these surprising uses that will save you so much grief!
It’s not that hard…don’t be scared!
10. Seal drafty doors and windows yourself.
Use inexpensive weather stripping to easily fix drafty doors and windows. (See “Weather stripping for Dummies” here).
Or, make your own cute draft stopper with this tutorial!
11. Make boring windows beautiful with DIY trim.
12. Clean your microwave/oven hood filters monthly.
Slowly add 1/2 cup baking soda to a pot of boiling water and soak your dirty filter for 30 minutes, then rinse with hot water. See how here.
13. Clean your kitchen sink disposal monthly…
by freezing vinegar in an ice tray, then running the ice cubes through the disposal. The ice will sharpen the blades as well!
14. Learn how to unclog a drain most efficiently.
15. Add your own beadboard to any room.
16. Change your home air filter monthly.