15 Filing Cabinet Makeovers You’ve Got to See to Believe
A few years ago I was given some old filing cabinet/drawers of my grandmother’s. They have great bones, but just aren’t that pretty to look at. I’ve been wanting to refinish them and decided to see what ideas are out there. I’m loving all these looks and now have some great ideas! Once those are done, I think I’ll tackle our office filing cabinets next! Won’t my hubby be so excited? Ha!
1. Use this old filing cabinet for a new purpose! How about a kitchen cart?
2. How about this for a darling classroom (or even home office) cabinet? See here.
3. How about putting some chalk paint on that cabinet? Great two in one here!
4. How about mod podge a little scrapbook paper? Love the design she made with this one!
5. I’m loving the gorgeous way she took a boring wood cabinet (I’ve got one of those!) and completely changed the look of it and even made an amazing desk!
6. It’s hard to believe this was once a boring plain filing cabinet!
7. Love this antique-y look of this drawer! So much better than the original I think!
8. This new door is so much fun! What a great way to display a few fun pictures too! See here.
9. Give your cabinets a rich vintage look. Instructions here!
10. A little paint and stencil and you’ve got an awesome file cabinet!
11. This filing cabinet has been turned into a darling coffee set! Wouldn’t this look amazing at an outdoor wedding reception?
12. If you no longer need a filing cabinet but rather a place for all your garage tools, check out this amazing transformation!
13. Maybe you’re lucky enough to run across some old card catalogs? (I wish!!) Turn them into a darling side table!
14. Maybe you’ve got a favorite book? Why not cover that cabinet up with book pages? Perfect for a library!
15. How about this for a fun punch of color? This would rock any bedroom or office!