I get asked all the time about fun new easy ways to decorate and I tell them mod podging!
This is a fun new way to decorate your decorations! It is super easy too. Leave the paint to stink in your garage…(you are going to be smelling glue:) Really don’t smell it…
1. Buy your mod podge.
I buy the matte kind (to be specific…Mod Podge CS11302 Original 16-Ounce Glue, Matte Finish)
2. Use a foam brush. The kind you throw away!
3. Pick out your scrapbook paper. I like to use the thicker paper (it bubbles less). Choose a small print (this helps to keep your focus on the project, not over whelm it).
4. Place your item on the paper and trace around it.
5. Cut it out. It does not have to be perfect!
6. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the item you want covered.
7. Place your paper on the item and squish it down.
8. Take a credit card or plastic pan scraper (that’s the blue thing in the picture) and start in the middle to rub all the bubbles out.
9. Let it dry for about 1 minute (yep 1 minute) and then sand the paper edges off.
10. For an additional step you can stain the edges. Giving it a shabby chic look. You can use a distressing stamp pad (found at craft stores) or stain (from the hardware store).
Leave a Reply