An Advent Calendar and a Birthday Board. Julie had this great idea to turn a magnet board into two things! She did the front side an advent calendar and the back side a birthday countdown! She used the same frame and same metal. We are grateful to have Julie give us this tutorial on her magnet boards! Julie is a Boise local and is a wonderful mother of 4. Julie is so positive and happy even while balancing her twins and thinking how she can make someone’s life a little better. She has recently become a pro couponer:) and is an amazing friend! Julie, thank you for teaching us how to make these!
How to Create a Magnet Board with Two Different Purposes
1. Here is an easy way to cut your paper to the size of your metal – lay the paper down, put the metal on top, lift the paper and it will rip to the exact size and no need to find the scissors!
2. Apply Mod Podge. Make sure to go heavy on the corners.
3. Place your paper down.
4. Smooth the paper down with a credit card, pan scraper…whatever you have:)
5. Julie is doing a double layer. She already cut the size she wanted on the paper. She is mod podging the back.
6. She is smoothing out the bubbles. It’s okay if some of the mod podge gooes out the sides. Just make sure to wipe it off with a paper towel or your finger.
7. Take the vinyl off the backer paper.
8. Apply the vinyl…once again that credit card comes in handy!!!
10. Here is a sneak peek at what she did with the back of the metal. She used the same metal and just decorated the back! A smart way to cut costs on decorating and store less stuff! Note on the frame…she ended up painting the frame black to make it look best with both countdowns! She also changed out the ribbons to make it more festive!