- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 10-12 medjool dates, pits removed.
- pumpkin pie mix
- Combine 1/2 cup almonds with 1/2 cup pecans (heaping 1/2 cup amounts- don’t be shy!) along with 10-12 medjool dates, pits removed.
- Process the ingredients together in a food processor on high until they pull away from the sides of the container and become like a ball of dough.
- Pinch off a small amount and press into the molds of a mini muffin tin. If you don’t have a mini muffin tin, just roll small balls and place onto wax paper.
- Then make an indent in the ball so it looks like a thumbprint cookie.
- Stir the pumpkin pie mix over low heat in a saucepan before spooning into crusts and serve immediately.
- For room temperature, spoon filling straight from the can and for chilled, spoon from the can with the final product placed in the refrigerator or freezer for 30-60 min.
- This recipe yields 24 mini pies.
For even more pumpkin recipes, and the how-tos, CLICK HERE