11+ Tips to Winterize Your Home & Stay Warm this Winter
The chill is in the air. Who’s ready for it? I’m looking forward to some cooler temperatures, but of course we’ve got a little winterizing to do before the snow falls. Don’t be caught unprepared this year! I’ve found some brilliant tips to help keep the cold air out and the warm air in!
1. Keep the cold air out where it belongs with this DIY Draft Stopper.
2. Check the drainage outside your home. Make sure there is proper grading around your basement to keep it dry.
3. Get the caulking out and fill in any gaps and cracks.
4. If you have old windows that don’t do a great job keeping the cold outside, learn how to insulate them here.
5 – 9. Did you know you’re supposed to rotate your ceiling fans in the winter? Here’s that and other great frugal ways to keep the heat in and the cold out!
10. I’ve never heard of these switch plate sealers before but they make perfect sense! Do you use them?
11. Frozen pipes are something that wouldn’t be fun to have. These tips will help prevent that!
Bonus: Do you like checklists like I do? Here’s a fabulous printable household winterizing checklist! I’m printing this one out asap!