Home Organization Tips
It’s Spring. Spring means Spring cleaning. It seems I’ve spent a lot of my days lately organizing different areas of my house. We just had our 5th baby and with this many kiddos in a 1900 sq. ft. house, the importance of organization for the sake of space, has become ever so important!
I’ve done the leg work for you, and come up with the BEST organizational products that will help you organize in ways and places you didn’t even know you NEEDED help with!
- Shoes. My shoes were literally just thrown in my closet. Every now and then, I’d play a “game” with my 5 year olds and send them on a mission to find matches and make my shoes look pretty; however, I needed more than that. This shoe rack is reasonably priced, but not super flimsy. I could fit about 20 shoes on the rack (depending on what type/size they were). It gave my closet an instant “organized look and enabled me to quickly find my shoes when running (always running) out the door).
- Scarf Rack. I wear a LOT of scarves. Initially, I just had my scarves all thrown onto a hanger. It was so annoying. They constantly fell off and just became a mess. This rack is easy to use and gives your quick access to the scarf you want. They hang pretty too!
3. Jewelry Organizer If you’re like me, your lack of organization results in tangled necklaces and a constant loss of one earring. UGH! This hanging organizer prevents all from happening! I love the individual pockets for smaller pieces!
4. Make Up Organizer – A girl puts a lot of effort (and $!) into her make up. No sense in just throwing it into the bathroom drawer and risk smashed powders! This bathroom organizer allows you to not only organize, but simplify. I had so many old, OLD samples and junk that I had no use for!
5. Bakeware holder – I use my baking pans a LOT. This is a great way to save space and keep them organized. I like that this lets them stand up rather than having them all stacked up.
6. Plastic Bag Holder – Keep all your plastic grocery bags? I use mine as small trashcan liners. These are handy!
7. Can organizer – The Pantry. Oh, the Pantry. This can organizer has made a big impact on my pantry. Something about all those mandarin oranges and Spaghetti-O’s all nice and lined up makes me happy. Plus it makes it easier to see what I’m low on and need to get on grocery shopping day.
8. Mop/Broom Holder My sweet mom gifted me this one year for my birthday….and I thought she’d lost her mind. Like, WHAT? A BROOM HOLDER? Then, I used it. It’s AWESOME. No more brooms thrown into random pantry doors. It just looks purty to see them all lined up and ready to (not?) be used!
9. Oil Holder This soft shelled essential oil holder is a great way to store all your essential oils. It holds and protects up to 30 bottles and makes it easy to take along while traveling. Don’t know about essential oils? You’re missing out. Be sure to check out THIS POST for a great deal on a starter kit!
10. Photo Files – I LOVE to have hard copies of my photos. These photo files are a great way to keep them from just being thrown in a literal shoe box. Each small container (file) holds 100+ photos and the whole (small size) box can hold up to 600+. I have a box for each kid. They also have a XL size!
11. Bedside Organizer- Because your nightstand can only hold SO much, and your hubby can NEVER find the control. This is a simple idea that honestly, makes my life a lot easier.
12. Backseat Organizer for Car– When you spend a lot of time in your vehicle, running kids to and from. Things can get MESSY. This is a great way to keep essential secured and organized in the back! You’ll never forget a water bottle at practice again!
13. The Teal Cart – This cart is a fantastic “organized catch all” for whatever area might need some order in your home. Missy uses it to organize kids’ lunches in THIS POST. Plus, it’s really pretty. Give me all the turquoise!
I hope this post gives you some new ideas and products to help your get those forgotten areas of your house organized! Yea for Spring Cleaning!