Taming the Before-School Chaos 15 Tips and Tricks to Help Your Mornings Go Better
How has your morning routine been going before school lately? I’ve got 4 out of my 5 kids headed out to school in the mornings so I knew I needed to bring in some reinforcements to help me out!! I found the chart on #3 and it’s seriously been a life saver! It’s taped to my twins’ bedroom door and they are always referring to it, all morning long. I think they really like it! Here’s a few more great ideas to help us all get a little more organized. Can’t wait to try out some of the other things!
1. Make sure you have a spot for all their stuff. Shoes, backpacks, etc. need a home. Every day!
2. Prepare early by planning the week’s outfits. I could see this being super beneficial with my twins!
3. This is the current morning routine chart we’re using and it’s saving my life! All I have to say to my 2 precious 7 year olds is how’s your chart coming? They really like being more responsible too!
4. For younger children, these morning routine printables would be the perfect thing to get them moving.
5. How about this for adorable? A personalized morning routine chart! So fun!
6. Help your kids get their energy going and their brains thinking with these fun yoga tips for kids!
7. In this article, there’s 5 great time saving tips that might be helpful. My favorites are prepare a to go healthy breakfast and leave 10 minutes earlier than needed.
8. How’s this for a fun idea? Each chore needs to be finished by the end of a song. So each song equals 1 chore. This would be fun for the whole family at my house!
9 – 10-. Talk Less. I noticed this tip this morning….when one of my girls was looking at her chart to see that putting on shoes was the next step, I had to say – don’t forget socks! Immediately I thought I shouldn’t have said anything and I bet she would have figured it out on her own! Sometimes less really IS more. Also there’s a free blank printable if you want to make your own morning routine chart.
11. Make the morning routine more fun with a high 5!
12. Remember the Busy Bees for a less stressful morning!
13. Here’s a ton of make ahead breakfast recipes to help kids eat the most important meal of the day!
14. Here’s some great Fast hair do ideas to make sure the kids are still looking their best!
15. Make sure you send the kids with a healthy lunch. Here’s some great lunch ideas to prepare the night before so they can grab and go the next morning!
Here’s to many happy (I hope!) mornings and a successful school year!