Oh Baby! 21 Sewing Projects for the Baby in Your Life
I’m super excited, my adorable niece is about to have her first baby. Which means my brother will be a grandpa, (what?!) and that will make me a Great Aunt (cool – I’ve always considered myself a pretty great aunt!). So for her baby shower we got our sewing machines and fabric out and had so much fun decorating up onesies and burp cloths. There’s nothing like hand made baby gifts to make us all swoon! I can’t wait to try a few of these other great ideas!
1. Did you see these amazing knot hats? Dress your baby in style with these cuties!
2. Oh I always loved my car seat canopies. Easy directions on how to make one here.
3. How to make a tag blanket. I sure wish I would have had these 13 years ago when I started having my babies!
4. Aren’t these diaper clutches the best things ever? Perfect for church or a quick outing when you don’t want to lug an entire diaper bag around!
5. Whip up a nursing cover for the nursing mom and they’ll love you forever!
6. Use up your scraps with these fabric beach balls! So soft and cuddly for the kids to play with!
7. Aren’t these knit receiving blankets just super adorable?
8. There’s nothing better than a pacifier clip to keep those pacifiers off the floor!
9. Does your baby like to drool? These baby bandanna bibs are oh so cute and practical!
10. Are these mary jane shoes not the cutest things you’ve ever seen?
11. What new mama wouldn’t love some extra burp cloths?
12. This minky blanket looks so soft and easy to sew! I’m thinking I should make an adult size one too while I’m at it!
13. Here’s a free pattern for a knotted baby head tie…also there’s a video attached that gives lots of great instructions! So darling!
14. Here’s some great burp cloths that are super absorbent and cute! This is what my cute sister-in-law just made for her first grand baby. They turned out so great!
15. Did you ever wake the kids while checking on them? I hated that! This latch cover is a great solution!
16. Great directions on how to make your very own changing pad cover!
17. It seems like crib sheets are something you can always use plenty of! I couldn’t believe how easy this really was!
18. A great tutorial for how to make the perfect corners every time!
19. Make some personalized DIY car seat toys, no baby will resist these!
20. These tiny harem pants are just so cute! What an adorable way to dress your baby!
21. And of course we can’t forget our amazing quiet books. These have been designed by our fabulous Chickabug exclusive for HowDoesShe. Do you have your patterns yet? I can’t wait to see pictures of your finished product!
Hope you cuddle those little ones for me! My baby is 3 now and not so cuddly anymore!