Every holiday season I tell myself I am not going to over-eat. But then, the delicious sweets and treats start arriving on my door step and I can’t resist. Now that the holidays are officially over–I’m paying the price. I amhttp://howdoesshe.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=35624&action=edit bloated, zitty, sick to my stomach, grumpy and, worst of all, my jeans are so tight that I just want to stay in my lounge wear all day. HELP!!!!!!
Enough is enough! I am ready for a juice detox to get all of those unhealthy sweets out of my system and then I can hopefully feel more comfortable in my jeans again. Luckily my sister introduced me to her Breville Juice fountain last year and I fell in love with it. Here are some other juicers that received high ratings: Jack Lalanne’s Ultimate power juicer at Costco is only $99.99 and my friend loves hers. The Cuisinart Juice Extractor got 4 stars on Amazon and is $119.99. And if you want a juicer that excels at juicing leafy greens, the Omega 8006 is ideal. Check them all out and you can decide which is best for you.
Here are some ways juicing may change your life
1. Your face can gain a natural glow and a clear complexion that everyone will notice.
2. It’s a healthy meal on the go for busy families.
3. You can get all the fruits and veggies you need in one serving.
4. It can help keep you regular (natural diuretic).
5. It can cut back on water weight gain and puffiness.
I decided to do more research on juice detoxing and found you don’t have to go extreme in order to benefit from juicing fasts. You can replace just one meal a day. I love this idea because sometimes I need something quick and healthy when I am on the go with my kiddos. However, a true juice detox is replacing breakfast lunch and dinner with juice for a few days to cleanse and purify your system and nourish your body. Your body and mind will thank you for it.
1. If you can, buy organic. It makes your juice beverage taste sweeter and comes without pesticides.
2. Cut the rinds off citrus fruit so it is not too bitter.
3. If you don’t want a mess, don’t forget the lid. Sounds crazy but it has happened.
4. Drink plenty of water, up to a gallon a day, so you don’t get dehydrated during a 24 hour juice detox.
5. Make sure you talk to your doctor before you start any kind of juice detox (after all, I am a mom- not a health professional)
6. Don’t make juicing a chore. Make enough juice for a 24 hour detox and put it in mason jars to store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. This way you won’t be making a mess everyday.
- Melon Detox
- 1/2 of any melon.
- Cantaloupe is a cancer fighting drink and tastes amazing
- Stomach Soother Detox
- 5 carrots
- 2 apples
- 12 spinach leaves
- Dr. Oz Green Drink
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- chopped 1 rib of celery
- 1 pinch of peeled ginger
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 cucumber
- 2 apples
In all honesty the best part about juicing is how much my kids love it. They love creating their own drinks and I love helping them make a healthy choice. And, if you run out of mason jars for storing your juice, you can put the left overs in ice cube trays and freeze them for a slushy snack later.
Dr. Oz says “Drinking natural juice is the greatest method to boost your energy and nutrition intake for people of ALL ages”.
Have you been juicing lately? If so what is your favorite recipe and juicer?
I hope this helps you Juice back into your favorite jeans for a happy and healthy New Year.