Homemade Laundry Detergent
Have you tried Homemade Laundry Detergent? Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipe is awesome by our guest poster Blissful 55? If you haven’t, you probably should join the thousands that have discovered how wonderful it is. This homemade recipe is cheaper, an BETTER than the store bought stuff. It’s basically the best stuff ever. I really REALLY wish this picture was “scratch and sniff”.
Our talented graphic designer, Heather from Chickabug, created an adorable Laundry Soap gift giving printable. And of course, it’s available to our readers for FREE.
I etched the jars to make them a bit more custom. All you need for this project is
1. Vinyl (use your silhouette or order precut vinyl off Etsy).
2. Etching Cream (you can find this at almost any craft store).
I decided I definitely needed one too, but I needed mine large enough to hold all my detergent in my Laundry room! Using a large glass container, I used the same techniques to create a custom statement piece. Do I dare say my laundry room looks pretty with this added jar?!
- 1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax- Found in the detergent aisle
- 1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda- Found in the detergent aisle
- 1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean- Found in the detergent aisle
- 2 (14.1 oz) Bars of Zote Soap- Found in the detergent aisle (You can also use Fels Naptha)
- 1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda- Found in the cooking aisle (You could also get two 2 lb box, we couldn’t find the larger 4lb box when we went)
- 4 Bottles of Scentsy Washer Whiffs- found online or through a Scentsy Representative (you can also use 2 Bottles of Purex Crystals Fabric Enhancer- Found in the detergent aisle)
- Grate zote soap with cheese grater or food processor.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bucket.
- Use 2 -4 Tablespoons per laundry load.
I’m telling you, the Scentsy Washer Whiffs makes this detergent the best smelling laundry detergent EVER. My favorite scent is Quiver, but they are all incredible. You can use 3-4 of the smaller bottles (shown in pictures below), but they recently came out with a more cost effective TUB, in which case, just use ONE TUB.
Blissful 55 taught us to layer each ingredient and then mix together.
It really is the best, and least expensive detergent option out there. Hop on over to the original post and read over 1,500 comments from readers who have tried this recipe. They have a several helpful tips they’ve learned along the way.
You’ll need your LAUNDRY SOAP GIFT GIVING printable for all the gifts you are about to create. Chickabug created them exclusively for HowDoesShe readers for FREE. This Homemade Laundry Detergent is awesome.
With a recipe as fabulous as this, I know you must be dying to know what else Blissful 55 has up their sleeve. Maybe, if we are lucky, we can talk them into doing another guest post for us soon. Until then, head on over to their blog and take a peek around.
Make sure to remember Chickabug for all your party printable needs. Her designs are over the top adorable and she there are over 50 themes to choose from. She is one incredibly talented designer and we are lucky to have her on our team. An extra special thanks to her for designing this free Laundry gift giving printable for HowDoesShe readers.
Since we’re on the subject of laundry, here are 25 Laundry Hacks to make the whole process easier!
And for eve MORE laundry help – check out this great way to turn your laundry into a SYSTEM, not and ASYLUM 🙂