A few weeks ago I had some friends over for a games night. Everyone brought a snack to share – and there were some good ones. I made a cheese ball to end all cheese balls and I thought I was the queen of the world. Yeah, no. My friend, Stephanie, surprised me by saying she would be bringing a drink. Really? Huh. I don’t usually get the offer of bringing a beverage to a games night, but okay! Here’s the thing. She didn’t bring a drink. She brought the nectar of the GODS! Well, it’s more like a dirty coke, or an easy lime cola slush, but it tasted like a little bit of heaven to me. And now, I’m going to share this amazing recipe with you, my many dearest and closest friends!
Let’s get right to it – I mean, it’s SUCH a complicated process it just might take a while (ha ha!)
- 3-4 cups of ice
- 1 can Limeade from Concentrate (frozen)
- Cola (use your favorite kind)
- 1/2 tsp Coconut extract (opt. but sooooo good!)
- blender that can crush ice
- Blend the ice, limeade, and coconut extract (if using) in a blender until crushed into a slush.
2. Scoop slush mixture into a large chilled glass. Pour in cola. Enjoy!
And I mean it – ENJOY! I know I did, that blessed day when Stephanie introduced me. The little bit of coconut flavoring transported me from Canada to a balmy beach in a far off tropical paradise. Plus, I’m pretty sure my heart grew five sizes that day.
I know you’ll enjoy the goodness, too!
- 3-4 cups ice
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- Cola (your favorite kind)
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- blender, for blending the ice
- In a blender crush together the ice, limeade, and extract until a slushie consistency.
- Scoop lime slush into a chilled glass (a little less than half full) and pour in cola. Enjoy!