Happy Thursday, everyone! Although, at this time of year EVERY DAY feels like a happy one, doesn’t it?
I am thrilled to introduce a fabulous guest we have posting for us today. Her name is Shay and she is a whiz when it comes to NATURAL, WHOLE, and ALLERGY FRIENDLY recipes. Love that, don’t we? She is here today to share a wonderful homemade eggnog recipe that is sure to have everyone coming back for seconds. Let’s all make Shay feel welcome, shall we?
I never liked eggnog growing up. Honestly, I don’t know if I had ever tried it! I decided I would make some this year so I went to my favorite recipe source, Google! I found this recipe and, much to my surprise, I loved it~! It is so good! My cute husband tells me he likes mine better than store bought (he’s very sweet too.) It is so easy to make and the best part is, you can have it year round if you want. 🙂
- 6 large eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Additional grated nutmeg for garnish
- Combine eggs, egg yolks, honey, and salt in a heavy saucepan, whisking until well combined.
- Pour milk in slowly and whisk until combined.
- Turn burner on low. Stir continuously until the temperature of mixture reaches 160 degrees F. At that point it should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain your mixture through a fine sieve to remove any accidental small cooked bits of egg.
- Add vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Pour into a glass pitcher or container and cover.
- Refrigerate least 4 hours or up to 3 days before finishing.
- When ready to serve, pour heavy cream into a bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into eggnog.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Thanks, Shay!! If you want to find even more fabulous recipes, visit Shay at Raising Dieter for whole food and allergy friendly recipes. They are wonderful and easy to follow. You won’t regret it!