Does this sound familiar? How about when it’s a RAINY summer day? Even worse, right? Oh, WHAT do you do in the summertime when your children are bored to tears?
You get creative!
I’m here to help. Actually….YOU are. Ishare to the rescue! I couldn’t believe how many fun ideas I found to keep those kiddos busy on a rainy day. I am sharing just 6 of my faves. Let’s do it!
1.FIRST, let’s create an “I’m Bored!” jar like this one submitted from Kristin. Every time you come across a brilliant “rainy day” activity idea, write it on a slip of paper, and pop it in. It’s excitement in a box (er….jar). LOVE IT!
2. Sara Nicole shares a wonderful idea that is not only fun to do, but helps the kids give a bit of service! Use old magazine pages to make some totally unique envelopes! But don’t stop there…fill said envelopes with some letters/pictures/notes and give them to someone who might need a little pick-me-up!
3. JUST DANCE!! Brassy Apple shares a super fun activity idea that is sure to get out those wiggles and have the kids laughing and playing. Host a dance partay! This could be planned, or just impromptu. You decide. Result? Mucho fun!
4. Homespun With Love shared this amazing idea that I really love. It reminds me of the idea that when you are down – forget yourself and serve! Have your kids put together a “get well” basket for someone in need. This could even be a “Thinking of you” basket, or a “we love you” basket! Your kids will be smiling and feeling amazing doing this.
5. Creating is always a good solution, so why not make some adorable little clay pot critters like these from Mostly Food And Crafts. SO cute, right?!
6. Hey, I’m going to do this one for SURE! Infarrantly Creative shows us how to use a simple program to create coloring sheets from your own photographs! How fun would this be on a rainy day? Send the finished peices of art off to grandma and grandpa to share the fun even further!
Rainy days don’t have to be boring days. Check out the Ishare sites for some creative inspiration, then get right to having fun! You’ll be so glad you did 🙂